I started the upgrade to the newest version of the SDK.
Upgrading went pretty smoothly. I had previously downloaded the newest SDK. So I made sure there wasn’t a newer version. Next I extracted the SDK folder from the downloaded zip file. I renamed the old folder to indicate it’s version number. I renamed the new SDK folder to Uprogrammer. I copied the code folder (Uprogrammer Firmware) from the old SDK folder into this new one.
Then I compiled (Success), Uploaded (also success after I copied esptools folder), and interacted with the application over serial (again success). Everything seemed to be going great.
Then I opened Eclipse… It didn’t find the project. So I set my file manager to show hidden files. I noticed the .metadata folder was not in the new directory. I copied it and still no joy. I did this for all of the hidden files and it still didn’t work. I then realized I must not have gotten the spelling of my folder correct. I checked, the ‘p’ in the folder name needed to be capitalized.
Finally, I checked Git-Cola to see if it worked correctly. It came up and showed me a bunch of untracked files that were generated by the build I had just done (another success).
This was a very easy upgrade.