First web page

I have the web server up and running which is great.

While reviewing my design, I found a few mistakes in the layout.  These mistakes are easily fixed with either a jumper wire or solder bridge, so I can keep on testing when the new PCBs arrive.

The web server isn’t working as easily as I had hoped.  I made a copy of the cats web page in the project, added my banner photo from this site and added html links in each page to point to the new page. With my picture added, It wouldn’t compile.  I am sure there is enough room in ROM, so I just need to figure out some settings. I removed the picture from the project and it compiles. I added an entry in my hosts file to point to smart.relay.com. When I go to smart.relay.com on my network it seems to work most of the time.  Speed and reliability will need to be worked on.

My new page unfortunately comes up blank. If I add .html to the end of the url my page loads correctly.  I went through the pages and added the .html ending to each link.  I don’t understand why this is happening this way.

I opened and modified the eagle.app.v6.ld  I changed the irom_0_seg  line. I changed the len value from 0x51000 to 0x80000.  This allowed me to add the banner photo into the project.  I don’t know if this can cause problems.  Assuming the value was at 0x51000 for a reason gives me reason to be concerned about it.  It’s possible that I have allowed data to overlap which could cause major problems. I need to learn how the .ld linker files work.

FirstWebpage

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.